Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2 Weeks

I had my 2 week follow up appointment. They took x-rays and removed my stitches and bandages. The pain has subsided a bit, and was told I can take Advil for a day or two, but not to keep taking it because this will interfere with the fusion. Dr. said I was in the first inning of recovery and had a long way to go. He said I need to still take it very easy. I asked about Sauna and using a tread mill. The sauna was a no-no for a few weeks, but walking on the tread mill was fine. The scare on my next is starting to heal, but it is still a bit swollen and red and very noticeable. The scar on my hip is pretty big and ugly but is going to be below my waist line, so nobody will ever see it. I'm back to work full time and I was really tired when I got home, and slept for about 9 hours last night, so I feel pretty good today. I could see on the x-rays that there was still a white line between the vertebra and new bone, so fusion is still aways away.

I guess so far so good at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment